HOW TO MAKE A CAPPUCCINO
Today I am sharing three of my favorite ways to make a cappuccino at home.
Now, this is really obvious , but if you have an espresso machine at home, you can make real cappuccino (just like a baristas).
If you don’t have an espresso machine, no worries, you can make a DIY cappuccino version. Even though it is not considered a real cappuccino, it will taste like one. It’s a good choice if you have a drip or a single serve coffee maker.
Last but not least, you can make you cappuccino the simple and easy way, use instant cappuccino mix :(.
HOW TO MAKE A CAPPUCCINO WITH AN ESPRESSO MACHINE
I am not very good at making how-to videos, so I decided to share this one instead.
The video is really good and since I use the same method, coffee & milk ratio, I guarantee you will have amazing results.
HOW TO MAKE A CAPPUCCINO AT HOME WITHOUT MACHINE
In three simple steps you can get a pretty similar cappuccino taste and texture like when using an espresso machine. Not a real thing, but it will definitely taste like one.
1. Start with 3 oz – 4 oz black coffee. Brew a really strong cup. If you have a Keurig brew 1 dark roast k-cup at a 4 oz setting.
2. Pour 6 ounces cold milk in milk frother and froth until rich end velvety. Or, heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave until steaming, and beat it with a whisk. You want to get tiny bubbles. This is called this the microfoam.
3. Slowly add frothed milk to your coffee!
Voila ... a homemade cappuccino!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT CAPPUCCINO
I know that some coffee experts will hate me for saying this but, yes you can use instant cappuccino mix if you want to use instant cappuccino mix. As far as the price, taste, and quality, an instant cappuccino does not have a lot in common with real cappuccinos. However, it is still an option. In fact, it is a lifesaver if you don’t have fresh coffee, an espresso machine, milk frother, or you are in a hurry. Not to mention, they are pretty popular because they come in about 50 different flavors.
Here are a few tips that will help you get a nice cup of cappuccino using instant mix:
1. Read preparation instructions. Different mixes have different coffee to water ratios. This is why you should always follow producer’s recommendations. Sometimes, the cappuccino mixes are overestimated. If your coffee tastes watery or bad, use less water next time.
2. Do NOT try to fill up a 16 oz tumbler using one serving. One serving is usually for a 5-6 oz cup.
3. If you want a really nice and creamy taste, add a splash of milk!
Hope you enjoy your cappuccino!
Liked our STYLE Journal article today. Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know and up to date with the latest in home and decor!
Visit our website to browse the gallery and read past article!